Seeking Postdoctoral candidates for Science Foundation Ireland and EU Marie Curie funding schemes in Composites Modelling
I am seeking candidates in the field of Composites Modelling, interested in applying for any of the following schemes, which have closing dates in August 2011:
1. Science Foundation Ireland Starting Investogator Research Grant (SFI-SERG). Funds a postdoc for 4 years. Salary €51,500 rising to €56,500 in 4th year. There is also funding for PhD student co-supervised between Postdoc and Mentor. See:
2. Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowships (IEF)
3. Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships (IIF).
Both Marie Curie schemes fund 2 years with salary about €67,000 in Ireland. Plus money for travel etc.
IEF is for researchers outside the European Union, and IIF is for researchers within the European Union. ANY nationality.
My areas of interest include:
1. Computational Nanomechanics of Nanocomposites (especially using Molecular Dynamics but also interested in other methods)
2. Modelling of woven/braided composites
3. Modelling of composites manufacturing processes, such as automated tape placement
If you are interested in any of these areas or related areas please contact me with your CV (http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Faculties/Science_&_Engineering/Departments/Mechanical_&_Aeronautical_Engineering/People/Academic/Michael_McCarthy).
Note: Applicants must have an excellent track record of publications in the area of the proposed work. Applicants for the SFI scheme must be within 3-8 years of their PhD. Please read the call documents. Thank you.