You are here
PACAM XII: Minisymposium on “Multiscale modeling and simulation of complex materials and systems”. Call for abstracts
As part of the 12th Pan American Congress of Applied Mechanics (PACAM XII) to be held in Port of Spain, Trinidad, from Jan. 2 to 6, 2012, it is our pleasure to invite you to submit an abstract to the Symposium “Multiscale modeling and simulation of complex materials and systems”.
This symposium is focused on the interdisciplinary field of material modeling at different length and time scales with emphasis on complex problems. The main objective is to bring together researchers and engineers from academia and industry working on the leading edge of applied mechanics, material science and engineering, and physics, to further the understanding of behavior of materials of a complex constitution, and/or under complex loading and environmental conditions.
Abstracts related, but not limited, to the following areas are welcome:
- Materials with several dissimilar relevant length scales. Hierarchical materials.
- Mechanical behavior of heterogeneous materials, fine-scale composites, polycrystalline materials, multifunctional materials, biological and biomimetic materials.
- Novel modeling techniques applied to non-traditional/multifunctional materials: Smart and active materials. Composite materials with adaptive, programmable and switchable properties. Morphable and reconfigurable materials and surfaces. Energy harvesting/storage materials, etc.
- Combinations of material modeling and experimental characterization and validation for specific engineering applications.
- Effect of interfaces on mechanical properties.
- Coupled (multiphysics) problems arising from multifunctional materials.
- Materials and structures under complex thermal, environmental, diffusion, electromechanical, and other conditions.
The deadline for your on-line submission is August 1st, 2011. For more information you can visit the Congress web site http://www.pacamxii.org/
If you have any question or need any information do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you in Post Spain, Trinidad next January.