Fulltime Job Opening at CAT (Job ID: 92946) Machine / Soil Interface Model Developer
The job below is being posted externally starting today, running through September 8th. If you know of anyone who would be a good candidate, please forward this to them. They need to apply at jointeamcaterpillar.com through the normal channels.
Job Title: Machine / Soil Interface Model Developer
Job ID: 92946
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1) MS or greater in Civil Engineering or Engineering Mechanics
2) Recent experience in the development and/or application of the discrete element method (DEM), finite element method (FEM), or classical mechanics for modeling soils.
1) Expertise in classical soil mechanics and constitutive modeling.
2) Numerical methods and computational mechanics experience.
3) Software programming skills for engineering analysis including C, C++, Fortran, and Python
4) Parallel programming experience using OpenMP or MPI for CPUs, and/or CUDA for GPUs
5) Strong initiative, communication skills, customer focus, teamwork, and planning skills.
The Machine Performance section within Advanced Virtual Product Development at Caterpillar Inc. is seeking a research engineer to support the development of next-generation machine/soil interaction models to support machine performance simulations. Job responsibilities include development and validation of a Caterpillar proprietary code based on the discrete element method (DEM) for general soil interaction, research and development of specialized analytical models for soil interaction with various machine implements, and integration of these models into Caterpillar's system analysis codes. This position will also involve demonstration of machine performance simulation technology for evaluating new machine designs for product development programs.
Job Posting Close Date
Posting will close 11:59 pm on Thursday, September 8, 2011