You are here
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Specialist/Research Professor Position at Temple University, Composites Laboratory
This position will support all activities in a SEM/microscopy lab including sample preparation, inspection, documentation, and elemental analysis by SEM-EDS as well as managing the operation of the lab. The candidate may be required to teach courses in related areas.
The applicant is expected to have a strong and documented background in several of the following areas:
- Knowledge of basic and advanced techniques in electron microscopy, EDS, general maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Experience with operation of optical microscopes, digital microscopes.
- Experience in dealing with mandatory safety procedures and practices.
Salary and benefits are competitive, with compensation commensurate with experience.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Ph.D. or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have at least 3 years of experience with electron microscopes and light microscopes.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Must be able to perform all routine and complex electron microscopy procedures and meet productivity standards in a high volume laboratory.
Qualified applicants should submit ALL of the following by e-mail to Dr. Parsaoran Hutapea, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- In one PDF file: a single-page statement of interest, a curriculum vitae including a publications list, names and contact information of three references
- PDF files of three publications
EEO/AA Policy: Temple University is an equal-opportunity employer, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and it pledges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status.