You are here
Summer Internship Opportunity at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes has an opportunity for summer internship in the area of drilling mechanics and dynamics at Woodlands Technology Center, The Woodlands, Texas. The position is open to candidates in MS or PhD program in Mechanical/Civil/Aerospace/Mining engineering, Materials Science or relevant disciplines at a US University
Baker Hughes is world’s third largest oil and gas services company with reservoir consulting and products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production. Baker Hughes operates in over 90 countries serving independent, international and national oil companies. Our service network is organized into 23 Geomarkets operating in 9 regions and 2 hemispheres.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
The Dynamics Research Group is a global team of engineers and scientists primarily involved in developing new knowledge and techniques for improving reliability and performance of drilling systems through mitigation of drilling vibrations. We have an opportunity for summer internship in the area of drilling mechanics and dynamics located out of The Woodlands, TX office. We are looking for highly motivated, self-starter candidates meeting the following requirements:
- Candidacy in MS or PhD program in Mechanical/Civil/Aerospace/Mining engineering, Materials Science or relevant disciplines at a US University
- Strong fundamentals in materials mechanics, finite element methods, vibrations, rock mechanics, or relevant subjects
- Expertise in one of the following areas is preferred: drilling/cutting mechanics, shock and vibration, nonlinear dynamics, system dynamics, or related fields.
- Experience in formulation and modeling of mechanics/dynamics problems is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Matlab is a plus
To learn more about internships at Baker Hughes, please visit the following web site: http://public.bakerhughes.com/graduate/interns.aspx
If interested, please email your resume to (Jayesh.Jain)@(bakerhughes.com). Remove the brackets in the email ID and mention “2013 summer internship” in the subject.
Thank you for reading the post.