You are here
Opening at Baker Hughes: Computational Mechanics Research Engineer
Baker Hughes has an opening for a Computational Mechanics Research Engineer in The Woodlands, Texas (USA) office as described below. Please visit the Baker Hughes careers web site http://www.bakerhughes.com/careers for more details and for completing online application.
Baker Hughes is third largest Oilfield Services Company and was listed among America’s top 10 most innovative companies (read the article http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pf_article_110884.html ). The Woodlands, TX is one of the best places to live around Houston.
Note: Work visa will be sponsored for (US based) PhD level candidates only. Please use online application.
Computational Mechanics Research Engineer - The Woodlands, TX (Job Number: 1307521)
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Computational Mechanics Research Engineer in the Woodlands, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Baker Hughes, Inc. has an opening for a Computational Mechanics Engineer in The Woodlands, TX. This position will support Drill Bits product line in the research department. This engineer will be working as member of a team comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. The individual will be assigned to work on state-of-the-art PDC (polycrystalline diamond compact) cutter technology, primarily through computational analysis of rock destruction process and cutter failure mechanisms.
- Experimental validation including test design, coordinating testing with support staff, and data analysis using industry leading test facilities.
- Selection of appropriate analysis techniques and utilization of analysis tools to solve problems and make sound recommendations.
- Assists in project planning and review.
- May provide work direction for less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Sphere of influence includes interface with engineering, manufacturing, field engineering/sales/marketing and vendors.
- MS or PhD conferred within last two years, with an emphasis on Computational Mechanics, especially in the area of solid mechanics.
- Practical experience running Finite Element software to solve nonlinear problems with contact, large strain, and large deformations.
- Ability to plan and conduct tests in a laboratory to validate computational models.
- Must be able to work in team environment; will interface with employees and vendors.
- Must be self-starter, self-directed, and willing to accept new challenges.
- Will work cross functional, cross divisional and across product lines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in technical writing.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MPP.
- Ability to lift and manipulate finished bits or parts that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Mechanics degree preferred.
- Experience using the software package ABAQUS.
- Background in Rock Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Theoretical Plasticity of pressure sensitive materials, Discrete Element Modeling or Computational Fluid Dynamics.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 58,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in Geomarket Teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production, and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes’ century-long history, visit www.bakerhughes.com
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer