Research Engineer Position at iNfinitesimal LLC
Research Engineer Position in Microfluidics/BioMEMS at iNfinitesimal LLC
Applications are invited for a Research Engineer in the area of bioMEMS at the start-up company iNfinitesimal, LLC. A part-time appointment in the group of Professor Horacio D. Espinosa at Northwestern University is possible. The candidate will interact closely with company personnel and collaborators at the Northwestern Medical and Engineering Schools. The position will involve research at the intersection of engineering and biology with an emphasis in system integration toward the development of nano and micro technologies for biological applications at the single-cell level.
1. MSc or Ph.D. in an engineering discipline (BME, EE, ME) or physical sciences
2. Extensive experience with microfluidic platform design and experimentation
3. Clean-room microfabrication experience
4. Working knowledge of electronic instrumentation, e.g., biomedical instrumentation
5. Ideal candidates will have hands-on experience in bioMEMS design and fabrication, multiplexing, cell manipulation, and single-cell analysis.
Why this is a great opportunity:
• Opportunity to develop real-world applications with potential to be an inventor of commercial products for personalized medicine applications
• Collaborations with renowned researcher at a top US research university
• Interaction and collaboration with investigators at the Feinberg School of Medicine, the International Institute for Nanotechnology, and Argonne and Sandia National Laboratories
• Many cultural and recreational activities in the Chicago area
• Comprehensive benefits and participation in patents
Interested candidates should email a CV (including list of publications and journal impact factors), cover letter describing research experience and interests, and the names and email addresses of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permanent residency or practical training is required. H1B visa petitions will not be sponsored.
|Research Engineer BioMEMS-2014.doc||36.5 KB|