You are here
Postdoc position in soft tissue mechanics, Swansea University UK
A postdoctoral researcher position is open in my group to work on multi-scale and inverse models for soft tissues and heart valve mechanics. The aim of this research will be to develop models that predict aortic stenosis - the most common valve-related disease that affects 5% of the elderly. The project is funded through the research council of UK, and will provide opportunities of working closely with clinicians and experimental collaborators.
Candidate is required to have:
- A PhD in mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- Solid background in computational mechanics and non-linear elasticity, with knowledge about soft tissue mechanics preferred
- Coding experience in C++, Python, MATLAB etc.
- Ability to use FEM packages, such as Abaqus and FEBio
- An interest in working on inter-disciplinary problems of biomedical engineering and with people of different background
This position will be based in the reputed Zienkiewicz Centre for Computational Engineering at Swansea University, UK. Starting date is flexible but needs to be between March and May 2017. This position will be initially for 15 months, with possible further extensions. Duties will include developing computational models, experimental validation, presenting results at international conferences, and publishing high-quality journal papers.