You are here
Research Engineer Opportunity at Global Engineering & Materials (Princeton, NJ)
GEM is actively seeking a candidate with a broad range of experience in computational mechanics and software development. A qualified candidate will be involved in the development, implementation, and enhancement of solution modules in applied mechanics associated with computer aid design, multiscale modeling, meshless damage tracking in bonded and bolted advanced structures, and simulation of manufacturing process of composite materials/structures. A candidate should keep up with changes in technology and apply them in innovative ways.
- A strong background in applied mechanics and numerical methods including finite element method, computational geometry, contact and time integration algorithms, discrete element methods, and meshless methods
- Experience in developing user-defined modules for commercial FEM software such as Abaqus or ANSYS
- Strong programming skills using C, C++, or FORTRAN, and experience with parallel programming using OpenMP, MPI and CUDA
- Proven experience in damage evaluation in advanced structures subjected to static, dynamic, and fatigue loading
- Expertise in multidisciplinary and multi-physics modeling such as environmental and mechanical coupling and fluid and structure interaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly motivated, and a good team worker to accomplish group objectives
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Advanced degree with at least 3 years of experience in more of the following fields: fracture and damage mechanics, multiscale and multi-physics modeling and simulation, discrete element/particle methods, applied mathematics, and advanced computing
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities
- In-depth experience in commercial FEM application and customization
Global Engineering and Materials (GEM), Inc. (http://www.gem-innovation.com) is a high-tech firm and provides its clients with innovation research and development, consulting services and multi-physics software tool development. The wide spectrum of our R&D and engineering services sponsored by Navy, NASA, Air Force and major aerospace industries includes computational mechanics, multiscale analysis and multi-disciplinary coupling, structural integrity and durability assessment of advanced structures, and analysis tool and software development. At GEM, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits, and professional trainings and technical advancement opportunities to support employees’ growth.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a detailed CV with his/her name, address and the phone number of 3 references to email@example.com.