You are here
Software Engineer Opportunity at Global Engineering & Materials (Princeton, NJ)
GEM is actively seeking a Software Engineer with a broad range of experience developing both Web and Desktop Applications. The candidate will be responsible for supporting GEM’s advanced mechanical engineering simulation tools for structural response prediction, design optimization, and failure prediction of advanced composite, metallic, and hybrid structures. A qualified candidate will support multiple Research and Development efforts and will be involved extensively in the implementation, module integration, customization, and testing of novel solution modules. The candidate will interact with GEM’s Business Development Team to perform demonstrations and proposal writing for potential customers.
- A BS Degree in Computer Information technology, Engineering, Material Science or Applied Mathematics
- Strong programming skills for developing object-oriented software modules and highly proficient in C++, OpenGL, Python or other languages
- Proficient in building desktop and web user interfaces
- Knowledge of the Windows API and Linux operating systems and software configuration management tools
- Basic IT skills in Server Administration and Networking
- Providing support and assistance on GEM’s marketing, software training and customer interaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly motivated, good team worker to accomplish group objectives
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Knowledge of parallel computing using CPU and GPU
- Knowledge and experience working with of one or more of the major computer-aided engineering (CAE) software applications such as Abaqus or ANSYS
- Database experience (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL)
Global Engineering and Materials (GEM), Inc. (http://www.gem-innovation.com) is a high-tech firm and provides its clients with innovation research and development, consulting services and multi-physics software tool development. The wide spectrum of our R&D and engineering services sponsored by Navy, NASA, Air Force and major aerospace industries includes computational mechanics, multiscale analysis and multi-disciplinary coupling, structural integrity and durability assessment of advanced structures, and analysis tool and software development. At GEM, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits, and professional trainings and technical advancement opportunities to support employees’ growth.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a detailed CV with his/her name, address and the phone number of 3 references to email@example.com.