You are here
Postdoc Positon in Atomic and Coarse-Grained Simulations of Epoxy Polymers (U.S. Citizenship or Green Card only)
Postdoc Positon in Atomic and Coarse-Grained Simulations of Epoxy Polymers
(Grant Requirement: U.S. Citizenship or Green Card)
We are soliciting applications from outstanding candidates for a postdoctoral research position in the Computational & Experimental Materials Engineering Laboratory, at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University. This will be a one year position renewable depending on performance.
The work will be in direct collaboration with the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and the successful candidate will be expected to collaborate directly with experimentalists and other modelers at the continuum scale to develop a validate multiscale modeling approach to predicting the properties/failure of polymer matrix composites.
The candidate must have experience in molecular dynamics simulations of polymers. Background in quantum mechanics simulations or coarse-graining methods is also highly desirable.
The candidate must:
1) Have a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, materials science, Physics or a closely related discipline.
2) Per Funding Guidelines state that candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
To apply, send an e-mail to Prof. Jaafar El-Awady at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Polymers Postdoc Position” attaching the following:
1) Cover Letter. in which you should also indicate if you are a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
2) Complete curriculum vitae,
3) A list of 3 references (includes name, affiliation, address, e-mail, and phone number).