How to add images to your post?
Upload an image to iMechanica. If you have an image of an intriguing mechanical phenomenon, or of a distinguished mechanician, you can upload the image to iMechanica by the following steps:
- Click image.
- Enter a title, add tags, and enter a body of text.
- Browse the image.
- Go to the bottom to click "Submit".
The uploaded image behaves like a post:
- You can use the search box to locate the image. Text and tags are optional, but they will help people search for the image.
- You can also locate your post by clicking recent posts in the header of iMechanica, and then click the tab "my recent posts".
Insert an image to a blog post.
- Open two windows in your browser. One window displays the web page that contains the desired image, and the other window displays the posting window of iMechanica.
- Point the cursor to the image and drag it to the desired location in your blog post.
Make the text of the post wrap around the image.
- Click the image in your post. A frame will appear around the image.
- In the toolbar in the section labeled "body". click the button that looks like a tree. A small window titled "insert/edit image"pops up.
- Within the "insert/edit image" window there is a drop-down list called “alignment”. Select one option for your image. Then click “update” in the bottom-left corner.
Copyright of an image found online. When no copyright statement appears on the original web page, the web page is likely under a Creative Commons License, just as iMechanica is. If you are unsure of copyright, please contact the creator of the web page.