You are here
How to ask a question in a forum?
If you have a question about iMechanica or about mechanics, you can first try to find the answer by using the search form at the upper right corner of iMechanica. If you cannot find the answer, you can ask the question in a forum by following steps:
- Register for a free account if you have not. Then login.
- Click Ask iMechanica in the upper right corner.
- Click Post new forum topic.
- Enter your question as the Subject
- Choose a forum (If you find no better choice, leave it to the default choice "Ask iMechanica")
- Enter a Body of text to explain your question.
- If you want to attach a file, go to the bottom of the page and click the tab "File attachments"
- Click "Submit".
Your question will appear on the right side of iMechanica. A fellow mechanician will answer you.
You can track all your conversations by clicking the tab "recent posts" in the header of iMechanica, and then click the tab "my recent posts". You can also have all conversations of a forum delivered to you as RSS feeds.