Ph.D. Research Positions Available
We invite applications for Ph.D. student positions in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Maryland NanoCenter, University of Maryland, College Park. We look for talented and motivated applicants interested in pursuing a Ph.D. degree in one of the following areas:
• Mechanics of inorganic/organic hybrid nanostructures in flexible electronics
• Mechanics of graphene-based nanostructures and nanomaterials
1. A M.S. or equivalent degree in solid mechanics, materials science, physics or a related field. Talented applicants with a B.S. degree in the above field will also be considered.
2. A demonstrated publication record
3. Strong verbal/writing communication skills
4. Experience with finite element methods (e.g., ABAQUS) and/or atomistic/molecular simulations is preferred.
Successful applicants can start as soon as Spring 2009. For immediate consideration, interested candidates should send a CV, GRE/TOEFL scores, transcripts, a cover letter describing research interests and skills (mechanics modeling and/or experimental), and contact information of three references to Prof. Teng Li (LiT@umd.edu), Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, and Maryland NanoCenter, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.