Fluid Structure Interaction
Mechanics of overhead electrical conductors under wind excitation is a complex problem . It is described in detail in the following book:
EPRI Transmission Line Reference Book: Wind-Induced Conductor Motion. Second Edition. EPRI. Palo Alto, CA. 2009. 1018554.
EPRI : Electric Power Research Institute.
The Journal of Fluids and Structures publishes original full-length papers, review articles and brief communications on any aspect of fluid–structure interaction and on the dynamics of systems related to such interactions: analytical, experimental, or computational.
The Fluid-Structure Interactions Lab (LIFE) (http://www.etseq.urv.es/life/) at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) (www.urv.cat) in Tarragona (Spain), is looking for an enthusiastic research student with a strong interest in fluid dynamics to apply for one of th
I'm looking for tutorials or example problems on carrying out Fluid Structure Interaction simulations using Abaqus.
I have a large amount of experience with Abaqus Standard however Abaqus CFD is very new to me. Would anyone have the training course notes on either "introduction to "ABAQUS/CFD" or "FSI Simulation with Abaqus"? If so, I'd really appreciate a copy.
Accurate Implicit Time Integration in Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis
Using an effective time marching procedure is an important aspect in the implicit finite element analysis
of nonlinear dynamic problems. Here, we demonstrate some of the difficulties that can arise through an
example involving contact chatter and fluid structure interaction:
1. We highlight a study performed by researchers using ADINA in which they investigated a computational approach to construct patient-specific ventricle models based on in vivo cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging for surgical planning and optimization. The study was motivated by the fact that the use of such computational models can help to assess different surgical hypotheses and replace empirical and perhaps risky clinical experimentation. For more information please see
2. We offer a very attractive academic package, for research and teaching, for university users. For more information see
ADINA offers a comprehensive array of multiphysics capabilities tightly integrated in one program:
* Fluid-structure interaction (FSI)
* Thermo-mechanical coupling (TMC)
* Structural-pore pressure coupling (porous media)
* Thermal-fluid-structural coupling
* Electric field-structural coupling (piezoelectric)
* Thermal-electrical coupling (Joule heating)
* Acoustic fluid-structural coupling
* Fluid flow-mass transfer coupling
1. We present an interesting application of ADINA FSI in the study of carpal tunnel syndrome. The analyses involve large deformations and contact of multiple flexible bodies which are immersed in a fluid:
2. Please recall that we offer a very attractive academic package, for research and teaching, for university users. For more information see
We present an application of ADINA FSI in the study of the human coughing mechanism. The aim of the study is to help surgeons to position tracheal implants effectively. Please see
You can find many other examples of applications of ADINA in the analysis of multiphysics problems here:
We present an interesting application of ADINA FSI in
cerebrospinal fluid dynamics, please see
Hi every one,
I am in my final stage of my dissertation, which is about slamming analysis of boat hulls with help of CEL - in Abaqus. I am currently working in how to validate the results which I got. Is there any way except experimental method to validate the stress - strain results?
Please help me...