You are here
Simpleware London Workshop, May 10th 2017
Date / Time: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 / 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: Central London, UK
Fee: Free-to-attend. Pre-registration is required as places are limited
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at those interested in visualising, measuring, and meshing 3D image data to generate models for 3D Printing, CAD, and FEA simulations. We will demonstrate the ease of obtaining high fidelity meshes from 3D image data using Simpleware 2016.09, and will show the workflow of processing data for a variety of applications. If you are working in areas such as Materials Science, Geophysics, Biomechanics, Non-Destructive Evaluation and Reverse Engineering, then this workshop is for you.
13:30 - 13:40 Registration & Refreshments
13:40 - 14:40 Introduction to Image-based Model Generation with Simpleware
- Discover what the Simpleware software suite can do for you!
- Get an overview of the tools to visualise and process your image data from a wide range of imaging modalities (CT, MRI, microCT, FIB-SEM...) and important features from the latest release
- Import and integrate CAD models within your image data
- Learn how to turn these parts into high quality multi-part surface or volume meshes and export them in a range of formats for 3D printing, or export to CAD or simulation packages
- Discuss example workflows and the best filters and tools for your own application
14:40 - 15:00 Demo of the Simpleware Software Suite
- Experience first-hand how quick and easy it is to import image data, segment the part required and generate a surface or volume mesh for a range of applications
- See an overview of the Simpleware key features including segmentation tools and filters
15:00 - 16:30 Hands-on Tutorial*
- Try the full Simpleware software suite!
- Setup and generate a surface or volume mesh ready for export, by following one of the built in software tutorials covering a range of applications
- Bring on your own data to get personalised help with your own workflow
- Start your trial and work with our Simpleware Support team to develop your workflow
* To participate in the hands-on session you will need to bring a 64-bit Windows laptop with the Simpleware software installed. To apply for a license, please enter your laptop host ID (MAC address) below. The installer and license will be sent to participants one week before the workshop.