Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position within the Micro and Nano Mechanics Laboratory in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Northwestern University. The candidate will perform research in the area of nanomechanics of high-performance materials such as 2D materials, bio-inspired and metamaterials. The candidate will be expected to contribute to a vibrant multidisciplinary research group and closely collaborate with groups at other university within a Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative (MURI) project on bio-inspired materials.
- A Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- Experience with a minimum of two of the following:
- Multiscale experimental mechanics of materials
- In situ microscopy experimental characterization
- Mechanics of composite materials, including biomaterials or biomimetic materials
- Characterization and mechanics of functionalized carbon-based materials
- Characterization of mechanical properties of 1D or 2D materials
To apply: Interested candidates should email a CV (including list of publications), cover letter describing research experience and interests, and the names and email addresses of three references to Professor Horacio Espinosa at email@example.com.